With the news that travel restrictions have been lifted on direct flights from the UK to Sharm El Sheikh, we’re expecting a surge of bookings for this amazing resort. We’ve already posted a blog about the beautiful Red Sea resort of Hurghada, but given this monumental news we’ve decided to focus this post on Sharm El Sheikh and remind you why this resort has remained one of the most popular tourist destinations on the Red Sea, despite the travel ban. Read on to find out more about this jewel of a resort town and the fantastic range of tourist attractions it has to offer.
If you’re looking for year-round sunshine then Sharm El Sheikh is your destination. Located at the southernmost tip of the Sinai Peninsula and on the Red Sea, Sharm El-Sheikh boasts amazing year-round temperatures, with daily temperatures averaging 20 to 25 degrees Centigrade in the winter months, and summer temperatures reaching a glorious 30 to 35 degrees Centigrade. So when it comes to guaranteed sunshine – which is the most important factor for most holiday makers – you can’t go wrong if you choose this holiday destination.
It’s not just the temperature that makes this destination so alluring, however, it’s also incredibly beautiful. With long stretches of sheltered natural sandy beaches, clear and calm blue waters and amazing coral reefs, the setting and scenery are amazing to behold. That’s without considering your proximity to some of the most amazing artefacts and monuments from Ancient Egypt. You can take a day-long excursion from Sharm El Sheikh to the city of Luxor and the capital Cairo and take in iconic Pharaonic temples, immersing yourself in Egyptian culture.
Something for everyone
The geography of this area is spectacular and makes it an ideal holiday hotspot with something for everyone – whether you’re looking for a sumptuous resort just to relax, unwind and recharge your batteries in; a fun-filled holiday with lots of bars and restaurants; or an activity-packed vacation. Here’s just a shortlist of what’s on offer in Sharm El Sheikh:
- Naama Bay – this natural bay is the main restaurant and bar area and is great if you’re looking for a good meal out, excellent nightlife, or just a stroll along the palm-tree lined promenade. Popular and lively, this is definitely worth venturing out of your resort for.
- Scuba diving at Ras Mohammed National Park – Sharm El Sheikh is a mecca for adrenaline junkies, with snorkelling, sailing, parasailing, wind- and kite-surfing on offer. It also boasts some of the world’s best dive sites, with numerous wrecks and reefs to explore. Ras Mohammed National Park can be reached on daily dive trips and offers spectacular dive sites such as Yolanda Reef and Shark Reef, where you can spot an amazing array of wildlife, including every species of fish in the Red Sea
- Day trip to Cairo or Luxor – as mentioned above, you can take 1- or 2-day excursions to see the ancient monuments and temples of Cairo or Luxor. No trip to Egypt is complete without seeing the Valley of the Kings or the Great Pyramids of Giza, and you can experience both from the resort of Sharm El Sheikh.
- Shopping – Namaa Bay is the top spot for shopping in the resort. In addition, Soho Square offers numerous boutiques and sells everything from jewellery to clothing. For a more authentic Egyptian shopping experience, try the Old Market, but don’t be afraid to haggle! If you’ve opted for an excursion to Cairo, you can even brave the historic Khan El Khalili bazaar for some authentic Egyptian souvenirs.
- Take a trip into the Sinai desert – for the more intrepid travellers, you can book a safari into the nearby Sinai desert. Hiking to the top of Mount Sinai at sunrise, camel safaris and a trip to St Catherine’s Monastery are all highlights just waiting to be experienced!
- Relax in a spa – Sharm El Sheikh is home to some amazing spas, so it’s also an excellent retreat if you’re looking for a pampering holiday, to restore your health and wellbeing.
- Ride some flumes at Aqua Blue Water Park – many resort hotels feature water parks, but this is one of the best and has a fantastic range of water slides suitable for both adults and young children. It’s perfect for the whole family, so why not grab your towel and try out some of the 64 slides this amazing water park has to offer!
As you can see, from its humble origins as a fishing village, over the years Sharm El Sheikh has become a fantastic tourist destination, offering 5-star hotels, activities galore, world class shopping, nightlife and entertainment. If you’re interested in taking a dream vacation in this beautiful resort then book quickly for the best deals as flights and resort hotels will fill up quickly. Check out our site for the best deals on offer or call us on 020 3504 1065 for the most up to the minute availability. We’re fully ATOL protected and truly are experts when it comes to all things Egypt, so get in touch today and book your holiday of a lifetime.